Sunday, December 25, 2011

Pennies

Pennies
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt.

Abe Lincoln
******************
I have nothing to say. Almost.

We all got together to go someplace and then decided not to go there. So we went someplace else.

Trombones and trumpets playing with a pipe organ. Everything is tubes.

I have a large bowl of coins sitting on my desk.

Don't display relics.

Air vibrates through the tubes and makes sound.

I lost my watch. Almost.

When I accidentally knock over the bowl, the coins spill on the floor and then I have to pick them all up and put them back into the bowl, one by one.

Don't display ruins.

Our blood vibrates through our bodies tubes.

Where did we all go, I wonder?

A pipe organ is all tubes. Think of that.

I don't collect pennies, almost.

I used to carry a card in my wallet that said "Keep you big mouth shut"

When something costs $9.98 it's easier to give her a $10 bill than to count out 98 cents if there are people in line behind you. You get 2 pennies in change to put into your bowl.

Maybe we went dancing. I don't remember.

I pick them all up, all the thoughts, ideas, facts, figures, hopes, dreams, fears, regrets and put them back into the bowl, one by one.

Don't display errors.

At the bottom of the ocean there are creatures who live in tubes.

Most of the coins are pennies.

No, I think we all went home.

I found my watch. It was also on the floor.

Yes. I think we all came home, one by one.

Display love.


The Vagabond
************************
Posted by DB at 10:41 AM 2 comments

No comments:

Post a Comment