Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Versatile Values

Versatile Values
Friday, June 6, 2008
2:06:55 PM EDT Feeling Embarrassed Hearing Bach
Versatile Values

If you laugh, you think, and you cry, that's a full day."
Jim Valvano
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Sounds like my day, only in reverse. Oh, I wake up with a hopeful attitude, stagger around a bit, make some coffee, drink it, find out what time it is, what day it is and start some music playing. But then I sit down at my desk and look at the problems that face me. Oh, dear. Alas and alack. Woe is me. How will I ever get things done and straightened out. It's no use trying. All is lost. I give up.
But then I start thinking. After my bowl of gruel, I feed the animals so the kangaroo won't pester me. Then I call Hong Kong, Helsinki and Can Cun to see if I have any messages, pay my ski diving instructor's bill, answer a few letters and dash off a note to George Bush. Then it's time to take the armadillo for his walk. That takes a while. He's very slow and has to stop and smell everything.
I don't have time for a proper lunch so I mash up one of the leftover Easter eggs and make a sandwich. It's a shame because they're so pretty. After lunch I ponder what I'm going to write in my journal for today, do some reading from the ancient sanskrit texts and make some notes on my slate.
Oh, no! I just rememberd I have to make cookies for tomorrow's Three Legged and Sack Race Festival. Well, I'll just have to put up the Christmas lights another day. It's only June after all, they can wait. After the cookies are made it's time for my dinner: baked squid with radish sauce and a piece of onion pie, if there's any left.
I hitch up the mule to the wheel and get him walking to generate the electricity to get my computer on, and since almost all of my non-journal friends have gone to sleep for a year or two, I sit down to see what my journalist friends have been up to today. By this time I'm laughing.
It makes a full day.

No comments:

Post a Comment