Saturday, August 1, 2009

Determining Delight

12:05:03 AM EDT


Determining Delight


A happy person is not a person
in a certain set of circumstances,
but rather a person
with a certain set of attitudes.

Hugh Downs
**********************************
Get ready, September is coming, and that means all the quotes will be from that rank amateur philosopher and silly dabbler in esoteric doings known as DB - The Vagabond.

September is the month that I clean out my shelves and empty out my boxes to see what I've gathered over the past year or so in thoughts, ideas and impressions. I carefully go through the dusty bits and pieces to come up with 30 wisps of wisdom, sprinkles of spirituality, simple sayings and dollops of delight for your reading pleasure. So pay careful attention. On October 1st the WILL BE a test.

All of the quotes are original, but they come from the eccentric brain of a reader of strange books, of a man who spent his working life glamorizing ideas and changing them into entertaining events while at the same time stumbling through a troubled life, amassing a catalogue of lesson learning errors, and occasionally coming upon a rare place in the mental forest where no one who left any trace had ever seemed to be before me.

As I wrote to someone today, I consider myself blessed to have a sense of humor which allows me to enjoy the absurdities and ironies of life and which erases the need for any sort of cynicism.

It is my wish that you all enjoy a month of Vagabondisms Come October the great philosophers will return.


DB - The Vagabond

No comments:

Post a Comment