Sunday, August 9, 2009

Righteous Reasons

Sunday, September 14, 2008
12:07:58 AM EDT


Righteous Reasons


When we no longer notice justice, mercy, compassion and honesty, it will mean that the world is finally at peace.

DB The Vagabond
***********************

"What do you mean by that?"

I mean what I said.

"You mean in a peaceful world there will be no justice, mercy and so on?"

No, that's not what I said.

"You think a world without compassion, honesty and such is a peaceful world? I don't think so."

Neither do I and that's not what I said.

"I can't live in a world where there's no compassion."

Nor can I, but that is still not what I said.

"Well, I hope I never stop noticing justice."

You might, if there was no reason to.

"Let me get this straight. You think a peaceful world is one in which there is no justice, mercy, compassion or honesty, right?"

Wrong. That's not what I said.

"All right then, what did you say?"

I said, when we no longer notice justice, mercy, compassion and honesty, it will mean that the world is finally at peace.

"I don't get it."


(Sigh) DB

1 comment: