Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anger Articulation 9/30/09

Originally posted August 1, 2005
12:00:42 AM EDT


Anger Articulation


The weaker the argument the stronger the words.

American proverb
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't have the words, weak or strong, to describe the misery I went through today.

There are very few things that I will admit that I hate. One of them is noise. I love music. I HATE noise.

I live in a three story house with five apartments. I am the only tenant on the top floor. Last week there was a heavy rain storm and some of the apartments in the back had leaks. I had no leak. A workman came to inspect my leak. I told him I didn't have one but he came in and looked anyway. That's when he told me about the leaks in the other apartments. Then he said they would have to replace the roof.

This morning at 8 a.m. I was awakened by my walls shaking and loud thumping right above my head. They were replacing my roof, even though I had no leak. The roof over me is not shared by any of the other apartments. The roof worked. So they fixed it.

Thumping, banging, scraping, drilling and hammering right over my head and the shaking walls continued non-stop from 8 until 6 p.m. As a result I am in a toxic, battery acid mood.

I just want gentle sounds. I want peace and quiet in my home. Is that too much to ask for?


DB

No comments:

Post a Comment